Privacy, Terms and EULA
- Who we are and what this Policy covers
- Personal data we collect about you
- How is this personal data collected?
- How we use your personal data
- Legitimate Interest
- Data security and retention
- Your legal rights
- Glossary of terms
1. Who we are and what this Policy covers.
Privacy Notice Relating To Your Personal Data
Caorunn Publishing Limited, trading as Rowan Books (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates https://rowanbooks.co.uk (the “site” or “website”). This privacy notice describes what personal data we collect about you when you use our site to purchase products.
Personal data is any information that could be used to identify you as a living individual.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
We do not and will not sell your personal data to any other third parties.
This privacy notice also describes how we process (i.e. handle) your personal data, the basis upon which we process it, with whom it is shared, how it is stored and certain other important information relating to the protection of your personal data. The following policy explains all of this in some detail but we have also summarised the key points below.
- What personal data we collect about you? We will collect personal data such as your name, address, email address, and phone number in order to process and deliver your order(s) to you. In addition, you may consent to us sending you marketing material.
- How we collected it and from whom? We collect data from you when you sign up to our website and when you place an order, return an order or enquire about products or services. This is collected from our website and from any phone calls or email correspondence you make to us.
- What do we use your personal data for? We use your personal data in order to send your order, make returns or enquire about products or services. If consent is given on our website, we will also use your personal data (such as email address) to send you marketing communications about Rowan Books.
- What is our lawful basis for using your personal data? As a party to a transaction, we have certain duties, powers and obligations conferred on us by law. In most cases we need to process your personal data in order to comply with these legal obligations and duties.
- Do we need your consent to the use of your personal data? In certain circumstances this may be necessary. In those circumstances, you will be fully informed about why your data is being used and your consent requested. Your right to withdraw your consent will be explained.
- Do we share your personal data? A list of all the parties with whom we may share your personal data are set out in the detailed information below. We do not allow third parties to use your personal data for their own purposes, we only permit them to process your personal data for our specified purposes.
- For how long do we retain your personal data? We will need to keep most of your personal data for as long as you are a customer of Rowan Books. We will only keep your personal data for as long as we need to in order to carry out our duties, in order to comply with the law or until you request we delete it (see 4 above).
- What rights do you have in relation to your personal data? Your rights are explained below in more detail but, among other things, you have the right to request that we provide you with a copy of all of the personal data that we hold about you and you also have the right to be forgotten.
- How do we make sure your personal data is secure? Once we have any of your personal data we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access. However, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to us over the internet.
2.Personal data we collect about you.
The personal data we collect about you includes:
- Your name (first name and last name)
- Your postal address for both billing and delivery
- Your telephone number and email address
- Your Paypal account to be used for payment/refund purposes only
Inability to provide personal data
If you do not provide us with personal data that we require by law or under the terms of a contract with us, then we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are attempting to enter into with you (for example, providing you with products you would like to order). In this case, we may have to cancel an order you have placed with us but we will notify you of this at the time if this is the case.
3. How is personal data collected?
We collect personal data from you in a number of different ways:
- you may share information with us in order to purchase products from us and to make returns or enquiries associated with those products;
- you may create an account with us in order to store personal information such as delivery addresses and products you would like to add to your wish-list for later use;
- with your consent, you may share other information with us so that you are informed of events, promotions and offers that we may hold from time to time via email marketing.
- with your consent, you may enter a competition on our website that requires you to provide us with personal information such as your first name, last name and email address;
- you may provide us with feedback on products and services you have purchased from us which will be posted onto a third party review website which you agree to at the time of writing this information. This review is then posted onto our website for customers to view;
- with your consent upon visiting our website, we will collect technical and usage data such as IP address, browser type, time zone settings, current location, operating system and information regarding the device(s) you have used to access our website and how you have used our website.
4. How we use your personal data
We use your personal data only when the law allows us to. We most commonly use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- when we need to perform the contract we have, or are about to enter into with you;
- where it is considered necessary for our legitimate interests, or those of a third party, and your interests, along with your fundamental rights, do not override these;
- where we are required to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
Below you will see all of the ways in which we plan to use your personal data:
- registration as a new customer;
- process and deliver your order(s);
- managing our relationship with you (for example, asking you to review your purchase);
- participation in a competition or survey;
- deliver relevant website content and advertisements;
- send email communications if explicit consent has been provided in order for us to do so;
- use of data analytics to improve the website, products, marketing and user experience;
When you have given your consent, we may use your personal data to send you information on products, offers, promotions and events which we think you may be interested in. If you have decided to opt-out then you will no longer receive this information from us. You will, however, continue to receive transactional emails from us in relation to an order you have placed with us such as order confirmation, dispatch confirmation, product review, confirmation of returns/refunds and when an item has returned to stock if you requested a notification.
We use your technical and usage data to further improve our website in order to provide you with a better shopping experience. This is necessary for our legitimate interests and allows us to study how customers interact with the website, products and services which in turn contribute to the development and growth of our business as well as our marketing strategy. Please see Legitimate Interest section below for further information.
We may also use your personal data for the purposes of complying with any laws, procedures and regulations which apply to us. For example, to respond to enquiries from HMRC or the police.
We may occasionally use your personal data for the purposes of statistical analysis or to respond to government surveys (for example, questionnaires sent to us by the Pensions Regulator or the Office of National Statistics) but this is completed on an anonymous basis.
We may transfer your personal information to a country outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and such information may also be processed by our suppliers who are operating for us outside the EEA.
We may share your personal data with the following categories of third parties:
- Providers of payment systems that process your payments for products.
- Delivery companies that we use to deliver your orders to you or collect them from you.
- With your consent, agencies and suppliers whom we have retained to assist us to conduct promotional and marketing activity as well as provide technical assistance and support.
We will also disclose your personal data to third parties:
- if we are under a legal duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or any lawful request from any legal or regulatory authority; or
- to respond to any claims, and to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
Most third parties with whom we share your personal data are limited (by law and by contract) in their ability to use your personal data for the specific purposes identified by us. These third parties are themselves subject to the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). They will be responsible for their own processing of personal data to the extent that processing is subject to, or relates to, those regulations.
We will always ensure that any third parties with whom we share your personal data are subject to privacy and security obligations consistent with this privacy notice and applicable laws.
We will ensure that we get your opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any external third parties that we use for email marketing purposes. We do not control these third party websites and are also not responsible for their own privacy or cookie policies. When you decide to leave our website, we encourage you to read, in full, Privacy and Cookie Policies of every website that you decide to visit.
Types of third parties that we do use or may use in the future include the following categories:
- Analytics – help us to track and analyse the usage of our website to further improve the shopping experience for customers. This data is gathered and collected once a cookie has been dropped which is at the customers discretion.
- Advertising hosts and providers – allow us to advertise with adverts relevant to customer search queries. We also utilise their re-marketing campaigns to target banner and text adverts to customers who have visited the website and then left.
- Email organisers – allow us to send marketing emails to customer who have subscribed to hear more about Rowan Books. Emails are sent on a regular basis and sometimes include a certain level of personalisation such as first name or product purchase behaviour.
- Website activity trackers – these allow us for example to identify customers exiting our website and to offer them an incentive to either
- sign up to hear more from Rowan Books or with an offer they can use at checkout.
- Complementary third parties – these allow us to serve promotional codes and banner advertisements across the web on chosen partner websites. For example, you might find a promotional code for Rowan Books on a voucher code website and click on a link that takes you to our website.
- Mail and delivery companies – these allow us to send orders you place with us to your chosen destination. Information we share with them is in relation to the delivery address you supply us along with the name of the individual who the order is being sent.
You have the right to ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing communications at any time. You can do this by opening an email you have received from us and clicking ‘unsubscribe’ which can be found at the bottom of the email. Alternatively you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org request that we remove your email address from our database which can take up to 5 working days to complete. You can also log into third party websites and update your preferences by un-checking relevant boxes in order to stop receiving marketing communications.
If you decide to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us, you will still continue to receive emails about your orders when placing one with us. This will include emails such as order confirmation, order dispatch confirmation, product/service experience (i.e. product review), abandon cart emails and information relating to returns such as exchange or refund confirmations. This is a legitimate interest to our business and to our customers.
If we wish to use your personal data for any other purpose, we will update this privacy notice and inform you.
5. Legitimate Interest
Under GDPR legislation, we have the ability to contact you if we believe you have shown a legitimate interest in our business and products. For example, if a customer has purchased a product from us, has shown interest in the products and brands or has a professional interest in the products and brands that we sell, we therefore can contact them knowing they have shown a legitimate interest in Rowan Books.
When visiting our website for the first time, you will have the opportunity to accept all cookies. Acceptance includes performance and marketing cookies which we will utilise to ensure we advertise relevant information to you and to provide a better shopping experience. It is our legitimate interest to use and analyse this data for our growth and future development.
6. Data security and retention
We are committed to protecting personal data from loss, misuse, disclosure, alteration, unauthorised access and destruction and take all reasonable precautions to safeguard the confidentiality of personal data. We have also limited access to your personal data within our business and certain employees, agents, contractors and other third parties (as described above) who have a business interest will be granted access to this data. The processing of your personal data by these individuals will be on our instructions and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Although we make every effort to protect the personal data which you provide to us, the transmission of information over the internet is not completely secure. As such, you acknowledge that we cannot guarantee the security of personal data transmitted to us over the internet, and that any such transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access and take steps to ensure that any third parties with whom we share your personal data do the same.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including contact, identity and transactional Data) for seven years after they cease being customers for tax (HMRC) purposes.
If there is a suspected data breach, we have put in place procedures to deal with this in an appropriate way. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally obliged to do so.
How long do we retain your personal data?
We keep your personal data for no longer than we need to for the purposes for which we use it as set out above.
At your request, we will delete your data from our systems, unless we are legally required to retain it.
7. Your legal rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), which are designed to protect your personal data, we need to have what is called a lawful basis or ground each time we use, share or otherwise process your personal data. When you use our site to purchase products from us, the processing of your personal data is necessary to fulfil your orders and is a lawful basis for collecting and using the data you give us.
Certain uses of your personal data, or other processing activities, may not be strictly necessary to perform our legal duties, or to exercise our powers; however, they may be necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party. They may also be in your interests.
When we say “legitimate interests”, we mean ours (or a third party’s) interests in operating the service as efficiently and securely as possible. For example, we may choose to use a third party to store your personal data; we may do this because our use of that service means that your personal data is more secure.
In order for you to receive the full benefit of our site, such as to take advantage of offers, promotions or receive marketing communications, we will need your consent to collect and use your personal data. Under these circumstances, we will inform you of how the data you provide will be collected, stored and used before seeking your consent. In addition, you will be informed how to withdraw or modify your consent at any time.
You may withdraw your consent, or object to our processing of your personal data in a certain way (where you have the right to do so), by contacting Wendy Stewart, Administration Manager, Rowan Books, Swan Court, Chelsea Manor Street, London SW3 5RU.
What are your rights in relation to your personal data?
You have certain rights in relation to your personal data; those rights will not necessarily apply in all cases or to all personal data which is processed by us. For example, certain rights will not apply where we need to process personal data to comply with our legal duties.
You have the right to request that we:
- provide you with a copy of any personal data which we hold about you;
- update any of your personal data which is out of date or incorrect;
- delete any personal data which we hold about you (although in these circumstances it may be difficult to provide you with orders that you may require);
- restrict the way that we process your personal data;
- consider any valid objections which you have to our use of your personal data; or
- provide your personal data to a third party provider of services.
We will consider all such requests (including whether they apply in a particular case) and provide our response within the time period stated by applicable law which is 30 days (1 month of receipt)
When you make a request, we will acknowledge your request and we may ask you to provide us with some further information to allow us to confirm your identity.
amendment is made. The most recent and up to date policy will be available on the Rowan Books website at all times unless the site is undergoing scheduled maintenance.
9. Glossary of terms
This means the interest of our business in order to conduct and manage our business to enable us to provide you with the best service/product and the most secure experience. We consider and balance any potential impact on you, which can be both positive and negative, and your rights before we process your personal data for what we consider as our legitimate interests. You can contact us to receive further information on how we assess our legitimate interests.
Comply with legal obligations
This means the necessary processing of your personal data where it is our legal obligation to do so.
You have the right to the following:
Request access – receive a copy of the personal data that we hold about you and ensure we are processing it lawfully.
Request correction – this allows us to ensure we have complete and accurate personal information stored on you. Verification of this data may be required if changes are being made.
Request erasure – you can ask us to delete or remove personal data we hold about you where there is no valid reason for us to continue to process it. Please note that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you at the time of your request.
Object to processing – you have the right to object if we are relying on legitimate interest in order to process your personal data. In some case we may demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which will override your rights and freedoms.
Withdrawal of consent – if you decide to withdraw consent, we may not be able to supply you with certain products or services to you.
Further questions or making a complaint
If you have any queries or complaints about our collection, use or other processing of your personal data, or if you wish to exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data, please contact Wendy Stewart, Administration Manager, Rowan Books, Swan Court, Chelsea Manor Street, London SW3 5RU. We will investigate and attempt to resolve any such complaint or dispute regarding the use or disclosure of your personal data
You may also make a complaint to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk/), the UK’s data protection regulator.
Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions together with the web pages and documents referred to in them apply to the use of our website www.rowanbooks.co.uk and tell you the terms on which we supply any of the products listed on our website. By accessing the website and/or placing an order, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you do not accept these terms, please do not use this website.
The Terms and Conditions document is in two parts. Part A describes the general Terms and Conditions that apply to the website and to all transactions with us such as the purchase of books from our website. Part B is an End User License Agreement that applies to the download and use of the “Shaker” App.
PART A: General Terms and Conditions
1.1 https://rowanbooks.co.uk is a website operated by Rowan Books. Rowan Books is a British publishing house based in Edinburgh and London. It is owned by Caorunn Publishing Limited which is owned by Hugh Stewart, whose mother Jean Cantlie Stewart, formed Rowan Books in order to publish her own works. Our main address is: Thistle Court, 1/2 Thistle Street, Edinburgh EH2 1DD.
1.2 Other contact details are: email@example.com, telephone +44 (0)7836 354771.
1.3 We may revise these terms and conditions at any time by updating this document. You should check this website from time to time to review the then current terms and conditions, because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these terms and conditions may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages of this website. If you do not wish to accept any new terms and conditions after we have given notice, you should not continue to use this website.
1.5 If you have any concerns about material on our site, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Ordering from us
2.1 You are deemed to place an order with us by ordering via our online checkout process. As part of our checkout process you will be given the opportunity to check your order and to correct any errors. We will send you by email an order acknowledgement, detailing the products you have ordered.
2.2 Our acceptance of an order takes place when we dispatch the order. When we dispatch the order the purchase contract will be made, unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled your order.
2.3 We may refuse at our discretion to accept an order: (a) where we cannot obtain authorisation for your payment; (b) if there has been a pricing or product description error; (c) if you do not meet any eligibility criteria set out in our terms and conditions.
(d) where goods ordered by you are not available; (e) if we do not deliver to your area.
2.4 Where we do not accept your order but have processed your payment, we will re-credit your account with any amount deducted by us from your debit or credit card as soon as possible, but in any event within 14 days of your order. We will not be obliged to pay any additional amount as compensation for disappointment.
2.5 You must observe and comply with all applicable regulations and legislation, including obtaining all necessary customs, import or other permits to purchase goods from our site. The importation or exportation of certain goods to you may be prohibited by certain national laws. We make no representation and accept no liability in respect of the export or import of the goods you purchase.
3.1 Rowan Books is not registered for VAT. All prices shown are therefore the final price that you will pay, other than for shipping.
3.2 Where we charge separately for packing, carriage and insurance and other relevant charges, the appropriate rates are set out in our website.
4.1 We will deliver accepted orders to you as soon as possible to the address you give us for delivery.
4.2 If you do not receive goods ordered by you within 15 working days of the date on which you ordered them, we shall have no liability to you unless you notify us of the problem within 30 working days of the date on which you ordered the goods. To notify us please email email@example.com.
5.1 Our products meet exacting quality control standards, but occasionally products slip through or are damaged in transit to you. Also, you may not be happy with the product you have bought and we want to make it easy for you to return the item.
5.2 Please contact us straight away to discuss a return or exchange on c firstname.lastname@example.org. Any faulty items will be refunded in full. Please note that faulty items do not include damage sustained by over use, wear and tear and abuse.
5.3 Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to limit any rights you might have as a consumer under applicable local law or other statutory rights that may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit our liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
6.1 You are permitted to print and download extracts from this website for your own private use on the following basis: (a) no documents or related graphics on this website are modified in any way;
(b) no graphics on this website are used separately from accompanying text; and (c) any of our copyright and trade mark notices and this permission notice appear in all copies.
6.2 Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on this website (including without limitation photographs and graphical images) are owned by us or our licensors. For the purposes of these terms and conditions, any use of such material other than in accordance with this clause for any purpose is prohibited. If you breach any of the terms in these terms and conditions, your permission to use such material automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any such material.
6.3 Subject to this clause, no part of such materials may be reproduced, displayed, modified, sold or stored without our prior written permission.
6.4 Any rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved.
7. Service Access
7.1 While we endeavour to ensure that this website is normally available 24 hours a day, we will not be liable if for any reason this website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
7.2 Access to this website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control.
8. Visitor Material and Conduct
8.2 You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from this website any material: (a) that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience; (b) for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals; (c) which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in the UK or any other country in the world; or (d) which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data).
8.3 You may not misuse the website (including, without limitation, by hacking, impersonating any person or entity or falsely misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity, ‘stalk’ or harass another or collect or store personal data about other users).
8.4 We will fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting any material in breach of these terms and conditions.
8.5 It is your responsibility to determine that your input into our site, including your choice of your user name, conforms to the above conditions.
8.6 If you notice any content which breaches these conditions, please notify us by email to email@example.com
9. Links to and from Other Websites
9.1 Links to third party websites on this website are provided solely for your convenience. If you use these links, you leave this website. We have not reviewed all of these third party websites and do not control and are not responsible for these websites or their content or availability. We therefore do not endorse or make any representations about them, or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to this website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
9.2 If you would like to link to this website, you may only do so on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, the home page of this website, and subject to the following conditions: (a) you do not remove, distort or otherwise alter the size or appearance of the Rowan Books logo; (b) you do not create a frame or any other browser or border environment around this website; (c) you do not in any way imply that we are endorsing any products or services other than our own; (d) you do not misrepresent your relationship with us nor present any other false information about us; (e) you do not otherwise use any Rowan Books trade mark displayed on this website without our express written permission; (f) you do not link from a website that is not owned by you; and (g) your website does not contain content that is distasteful, offensive or controversial, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
9.3 We expressly reserve the right to revoke the right to link to this website for breach of these terms and to take any action we deem appropriate.
10.1 To register with https://rowanbooks.co.uk you must be at least 18 years of age.
10.2 Each registration is for a single user only, whether or not acting on behalf of a company or other organisation. We do not permit you to share your user name and password with any other person nor with multiple users on a network.
10.3 Responsibility for the security of any passwords issued rests with you and if you know or suspect that someone else knows your password, you should contact us immediately.
10.4 We may suspend or cancel your registration immediately at our reasonable discretion or if you breach any of your obligations under these terms and conditions.
11.1 While we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the material on this website. We may make changes to the material on this website, or to the products and prices described in it, at any time without notice. The material on this website may be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such material.
11.2 The material on this website is provided “as is” without any conditions, warranties or other terms of any kind. Accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted by law, we provide you with this website on the basis that we exclude all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms (including, without limitation, the conditions implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and the use of reasonable care and skill) which but for these terms and conditions might have effect in relation to this website.
12. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
12.1 These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts where the claim is brought by you, save where you have legal rights to bring any claim in respect of such a dispute in any other jurisdiction. We nevertheless retain the right to bring proceedings against you for any threatened or actual breach of these terms and conditions in your country of residence, registration or business or any other relevant country.
12.2 We do not warrant that materials, services or information for sale on the website are appropriate or available for use outside the United Kingdom. It is prohibited to access the website from territories where its contents are illegal or unlawful. If you access this website from locations outside the United Kingdom, you do so at your own risk and you are responsible for compliance with local laws.
13 Write a Review for Rowan Books and Win £25 Voucher – Terms & Conditions
13.1 All reviews received online must supply a contact email address. All reviews will be entered into a monthly prize draw.
13.2 The winner will be drawn at random using a random winner generator at the end of each month. The winner will be notified by Rowan Books Customer Services within 10 days from the first day of the following month. The Rowan Books £25 voucher code will be emailed directly to the winner by the end of that month, for use online only. There will be no cash alternative. The order may not exceed £25 and you can only use once – no credit note will be given for money not spent in one transaction.
13.3 The above offer only applies to reviews made on www.rowanbooks.co.uk. All reviews are subject to approval from the reviews provider and our internal language and relevance filters. Rowan Books reserves the right to withdraw the “Write a review for your chance to win a £25 Rowan Books online voucher” prize draw at any time.
14.1 We occasionally run competitions on the Rowan Books website. Any such competition will be conducted in accordance with the competition Terms & Conditions
15.1 From time to time we will offer promotional codes. Promotional codes cannot be applied to previous orders.
15.2 Promotional codes cannot be used collectively. The Rowan Books website will establish what is considered the best offer and will apply this to your basket. Promotional codes that offer a discount off an item(s) can be used when free delivery is site wide.
15.3 Promotional codes are not transferable or redeemable for cash or credit.
15.4 Some items will be excluded from specific promotional codes. Please see website for further details highlighting these items.
15.5 Promotional codes will need to be applied during the checkout process prior to completing an order. If you are having issues applying a promotional code, please contact Rowan Books customer services at firstname.lastname@example.org .
16. BOOK OF THE MONTH promotion
16.1 From time to time we will offer a book of the month promotion i.e. Buy one copy of the Book of the Month and receive a 25% off discount on your next purchase from the Rowan Books website.
16.2 When applying the discount, the 25% off will only apply to the lowest priced item in your basket or of the same price. The book of the Month 25% off discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers such as an item already discounted.
17. Welcome promotion (NEW25)
17.1 From time to time we will offer a welcome promotion. When signing up to receive regular emails from Rowan Books, either through the sign-up field on the home page/website footer or by registering an account, we will send you a promotional code that will deduct 25% off your first order. This promotional code can only be used when logged into a Rowan Books account that you have created. The promotional code will not work if you are checking out on the website as a guest.
17.2 Promotional NEW25 can only be used once per customer and will apply a 25% discount to your basket total. Shipping fees will still apply and are not taken into consideration of the 25% offer. This promotional code cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
18. Promotional Items at Checkout>
18.1 Rowan Books may run regular promotional items at checkout whereby a customer can choose an additional item to add to their bag at a reduced price or for free.
18.2 We will always let the customer know that a promotional item is available for them to choose if they meet the criteria set out in order to do this. Criteria such as a certain basket value or specific products within their basket will be set in order for the promotional items to become available.
18.3 It is at the discretion of Rowan Books when these promotions run and how long they run for. Promotions will run whilst offer stocks last and can be taken down at any time.
18.4 Shipping fees will still apply when a promotional item is added to the basket and items can be returned for a full refund based on the amount the customer paid for that promotional item.
18.5 Only one promotional item can be selected per order unless otherwise stated on the Rowan Books website.
18.6 Promotional Codes can still be applied at checkout and can be used in conjunction with the Promotional Items.
General Terms and Conditions
Last updated 22nd September 2021
PART B: Cocktails & Kicktails ‘Shaker’ App End User License Agreement
End User Licence Agreement (“EULA”) relating to the Cocktails & Kicktails ‘Shaker’ App (“The App”) between Caorunn Publishing Limited, trading as Rowan Books, of Thistle Court, 1/2 Thistle Street, Edinburgh EH2 1DD, UK (“Rowan”, “Company”, “Licensor”, “We”, “Us”, “Our” etc) and you (“You”, “The Customer”, “Your” etc).
By ticking the box “I hereby agree to the Rowan Books Terms & Conditions” You are legally agreeing to the following:
- You are aged 18 years or over.
- You will not use The App in any way that might intentionally or unintentionally harm a person under 18 years of age.
- Responsible Drinking
- You confirm You have read, understood and will follow the advice in the Appendix to this document entitled “Responsible Drinking”.
- You will only use The App in accordance with the local, national and international laws applicable to the country in which You are using The App, particularly with respect to the consumption of alcohol.
- You will only use The App for Your personal use and not on behalf of any third person. You agree not to use the App for any commercial, business or resale purposes, and We have no liability to You for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- You will be assumed to have obtained permission from the owners of devices (computer, mobile telephone or handheld tablet, together “Devices”) that are controlled, but not owned, by You to download a copy of The App onto the Devices. You and they may be charged by Your and their service providers for internet access on the Devices. You should check with Your mobile or internet service provider for details of data and internet usage charges. You accept responsibility in accordance with the terms of this EULA for the use of the App in relation to any Device, whether or not it is owned by You.
- We are not responsible for any data usage, roaming or other charges You incur when accessing the internet to use the App on Your Device.
- By using the App You consent to Our collecting and using technical information about the Devices and related software, hardware and peripherals for services that are internet-based or wireless to improve Our products and to provide services to You.
- The copyright (“Copyright”) to all of the contents of The App is either owned by the Licensor or is licensed by the Licensor from the owner of such copyright.
- Copyright comprises audio clips, designs, icons, illustrations, images, logos, photographs, poems, software, text and any other content or design features within The App.
- This EULA does not give You ownership of any of the Copyright.
- You may not copy, distribute, download, manipulate, reproduce, transfer, transmit or otherwise use or exploit any of the Copyright without the express written permission of the Licensor.
- You are welcome to submit poems or recipes to email@example.com for possible future publication.
- If You submit a poem or a recipe, You agree that You are assigning an exclusive right to the Licensor to publish the material provided with acknowledgment.
- We do not sell You The App or its contents. Instead We license You to use The App.
- This EULA grants You a non-exclusive, non-transferable licence to use The App for personal use by You on up to three Devices owned or used by You.
- The period of Your licence (“Licence Period”) is 2 years from the date You first download The App.
- During the Licence Period You may use The App subject to such use being in accordance with the terms of this EULA.
- We remain owners of The App and its contents at all times.
- No warranty: You expressly acknowledge and agree that use of the App is at Your sole risk. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the App and any services performed or provided by the App are provided “as is” and “as available,” with all faults and without warranty of any kind, and the Licensor hereby disclaims all warranties and conditions with respect to the licensed application and any services, either express, implied, or statutory, including, but not limited to, any implied warranties and/or conditions of merchantability, of satisfactory quality, of fitness for a particular purpose, of compliance with description, of quiet enjoyment, and of noninfringement of third-party rights. No oral or written information or advice given by the Licensor or its authorized representative shall create a representation or warranty. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties or limitations on applicable statutory rights of a consumer, so the above exclusion and limitations may not apply to You.
- From time to time the Licensor may issue revised versions of The App containing new descriptions, features, images, poems, recipes or other aspects or amendments to existing such items.
- The terms of this EULA apply to all aspects of any future versions of the App.
- Although We make reasonable efforts to update the information in The App, We make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied that the content of the App is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
- You acknowledge that the content may be updated, altered or removed, from time to time, at any time, without notice to You.
- Jurisdiction: this EULA is covered by the laws of England and in accepting the EULA Terms and Conditions You accept that any dispute arising will be subject to English law.
- You hereby agree to indemnify Us against:
- Any failure by You to comply with the laws of the country in which You are using The App
- Your breach of this EULA
- A breach by You of the intellectual property of any person pertaining to The App
- This EULA does not give any right to any third party and You are not entitled to assign or transfer Your rights or obligations under it to any other person, firm or company.
- The headings to the paragraphs in this EULA do not affect its interpretation.
- Each party to this EULA acknowledges that it is not relying on any representation, information, warranty or document or other term not forming part of this EULA (although this shall not operate to exclude liability for any representation which may have been made fraudulently).
- This EULA becomes a contract between You and Us at the point at which You tick the box “I hereby agree to the Rowan Books Terms & Conditions” and proceed to first download The App.
- You should print and keep a copy of this EULA for future reference.
- We may change these terms at any time, notifying You of a change when You next start The App. The new terms may be displayed on-screen and You may be required to read and accept them to continue Your use of the App.
- Limitation of Liability. To the extent not prohibited by law, in no event shall the Licensor be liable for personal injury or any incidental, special, indirect, or consequential damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, damages for loss of profits, loss of data, business interruption, or any other commercial damages or losses, arising out of or related to Your use of or inability to use the App, however caused, regardless of the theory of liability (contract, tort, or otherwise) and even if the Licensor has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation of liability for personal injury, or of incidental or consequential damages, so this limitation may not apply to You. In no event shall the Licensor’s total liability to You for all damages exceed the amount you have paid for the App. The foregoing limitations will apply even if the above stated remedy fails of its essential purpose.
- We may terminate this EULA immediately by written notice to You:
- if you commit a material or persistent breach of this EULA which You fail to remedy (if remediable) within 14 days after the service of written notice requiring You to do so; or
- if You breach any of the Licence Restrictions or Usage Restrictions.
Last Updated 2nd November 2021
PART B Appendix. Drink Responsibly